Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Puppy ripped my ear lobe?

My 9.5 weeks old Scottish Terrier was playing with his chew toy & suddenly jumped up grabbed my ear lobe and tugged on it, ripping it. I instinctively yelled out (because it hurt like H e l l ), he sat down for a second then lunged for it again! I have tried everything to get this pup to stop biting. When I go to redirect him by handing a Nylabone, etc. he will lunge for my arm, fingers, hands, shirt, anything he can get his teeth into. I tried squirt bottles, pennies in a can, clapping loudly, firmly saying NO, gently squeezing his muzzle, etc. all to no avail. I don't think he's being aggressive, just playing rough and trying to dominate. What can I do to stop this behavior before it gets worse. My husband was so mad when he saw my ear. I need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment