Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Legal Roommate Help, Kind of long, but I really need help.?

I live with 2 other roommates, both of which are brothers. They are the most inconsiderate people I've ever met. There are 3 rooms plus a living space/kitchen. The living space/kitchen is all of our responsibility. But they have kept the apartment soo trashed that I have literally been unable to use it, even the kitchen. It's counters are completely full of there crap...dirty plates, booze, rotting food, etc. I never go out into the living space unless to leave the apartment cuz it is just that bad. Well over the year, so much damage has occurred because of them and their partying and wild lifestyle, including carpet stains, scuffs on walls, holes in the walls from their own personal couch banging against it, so much stuff to list. However, the lease term is coming to an end. And we are all legally responsible for the living space/kitchen. That space is all of our responsibility, but I refuse to have to clean up after them and keep the apartment nice while they destroy it. They literally have no respect for me or consideration for my being here. I am worried about the damages that they've caused and I will probably have to end up paying for. Is there anything I can do in case we have to go to civil court over the damages? Should I document holes, scuffs, the kitchen, etc.? Or would it do me no good? What are some steps I might take?

No comments:

Post a Comment